Villa Name: Waimarie
Waimarie is a luxurious 5-star private beach retreat offering guests a full complement of amenities for the ultimate oceanside experience.
The villa’s name means “peaceful waters”, reflecting Waimarie’s location on one of Koh Samui’s most beautiful white sand beaches, set against abackdrop of the Five Islands on the horizon. Besides the stunning ocean views and beautiful sunsets, Waimarie’s expansive tropical gardens and large grounds make the villa one of the island’s most attractive private accommodation choices.
The villa combines contemporary features with a traditional Thai style. A soothing natural palette of polished teak, carved stone work and natural surroundings give the property an air of timeless elegance. Guests experience a feeling of tranquility upon entering through the wooden gazebo at the entrance to the tree lined garden and authentic wood and stone artwork is displayed throughout the property, creating an attractive, calming backdrop to your stay.
Waimarie was designed to take advantage of the tranquil surroundings and beachside location. With full beach and pool vistas, all the living and dining areas are a few steps away from the beach and the swimming pool. Waimarie’s comfortable indoor areas sit flush with its outdoor terraces, creating a fine distinction between indoor and outdoor living. Lush tropical greenery and vivid blooms add splashes of colour to the setting, gently mirrored by the villa’s overall décor .
Guests staying at Waimarie will enjoy luxury, elegance and the best in personalized hospitality, all wrapped in a vision of tropical island splendour. An abundance of communal living spaces, both indoor and outdoor, make this villa the ideal venue for meeting with friends and family, a group holiday or celebrating a special occasion.
Designed as a series of comfortable, spacious, and beautifully appointed living and bedroom pavilions, complemented by a large furnished outdoor sala and a stunning beachside pool, Waimarie takes full advantage of its sublime island surroundings.
Waimarie has six beautifully appointed bedrooms, each with its own oversized indoor/outdoor bathroom and private furnished terrace overlooking the peaceful gardens. One of the bedrooms is a 4-bed bunk bedroom, so the villa can accommodate up to 14 people.
The villa’s capacious furnished poolside lounge is divided into two separate spaces, each containing large comfortable sofas and casual seating. One area features a large TV and stereo system. The airy indoor dining area opens on two sides drawing in the ocean breeze. Lazy breakfasts in the dining area, only a few short steps from the beach, are a special experience. The attached fully fitted kitchen features a breakfast bar with stools and is ideal for casual meals.
The villa’s swimming pool, situated at the heart of the living and dining areas and only a couple of steps from the beach, provides an ideal focus for daytime and evening relaxation. When guests are not swimming or enjoying the variety of other activities available at the villa, they can relax in the large furnished open-sided lounge and dining sala. Relaxing in the sala as the sun sets over the horizon is one of the experiences that make Waimarie such a magical place.
Additional facilities on offer to guests at Waimarie include a private tennis court, kayaks and Stand-Up Paddleboards, a table tennis table, romantic beach swings and a kid’s adventure playground complete with ramps, ladders and slides. The staff can arrange for a yoga instructor to visit the villa, or can help you book a round of golf at the nearby Santiburi Country Club.
Staying at the Villa
For those in search of the perfect beachside escape, Waimarie is an excellent choice. A well planned combination of indoor and outdoor living spaces means guests can enjoy a whole host of holiday pleasures without ever leaving the villa grounds.
Every day begins with a fabulous breakfast prepared by the villa’s onsite personal Thai chef, who is also available to cook lunch, dinner and even prepare picnics for guests to take down to the beach. Private cooking lessons can also be arranged in the villa’s open plan kitchen.
There are five resident staff at Waimarie who replenish supplies and offer normal 5-star hotel services. Babysitting services are also available, along with in-villa spa treatments by a professional masseuse. Indulging in a cocktail and a Thai massage as the sun sets at the end of a long day relaxing….you will never want to leave Waimarie.
Should the desire to explore take hold, the villa manager can arrange tours and excursions to other parts of the island and the region, whether it’s kayaking in the Ang Thong Marine Park or going on a shopping spree to the weekly walking street market at Bophut Fisherman’s Village.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time.
Waimarie occupies a stunning location on Koh Samui’s sand-fringed sunset coast at Lipa Noi, around 40 minutes’ drive from Samui International Airport and the bustling west coast tourist towns. The secluded location and laid-back beachside ambience make it the ideal spot for family activities and during low tide, the sea recedes by as much as 100 metres, so Waimarie’s guests can enjoy beach games on the sand. When the tide is high, a range of watersports can be enjoyed right in front of the villa. Paradise Park Farm is one of the top local attractions. Situated atop the island’s highest mountain (Khao Pom) in Taling Ngam, the eight-hectare farm is home to over 100 different species of birds and mammals, and boasts sensational view of the island.
*Notice, until you have a confirmed IPSL reservation by email from, then rates and information may differ from those listed on our websites and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Daily rates from US$ 900 to US$ 2,900 depending on season.
- Rates shown are for a maximum of 10 (ten) Guests (including children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
- Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
- Rates include daily breakfast
- Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
- Airport transfers: Inclusive to nightly rates. Maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car. (Transfers are subject to terms and conditions, please ask for details at the time of booking)
- Baby cot provided free of charge upon request
- For weddings and private parties, a surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guest. Also the villa booking conditions may change such as the required minimum nights stay. Separate Terms and Conditions may apply for any wedding or private parties held in a villa and will be confirmed at the time of your booking.
- Large ocean view swimming pool
- Direct beach access
- 6 bedrooms with air conditioning and en-suite bathrooms
- Safe in all bedrooms
- 42-inch Plasma TV with satellite connection and DVD player
- Stereo with CD Player and i-Pod dock connection
- Satellite broadband (WIFI)
- Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Lounging and dining sala by the beach
- Private tennis court
- Sea kayaks
- Stand up paddle boards
- Table tennis
- Wooden children’s playground
- Beach volleyball
- The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy. The Villa Manager is available to cater to guests' specific needs and can help organize island activities, massage and spa treatments, as well as dealing with any matter arising at the villa.
- Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further ensure guests have a pleasant stay or to address any matters arising at the villa.
- All basic laundry is done for guests on a complimentary basis. Bed linen is changed every third day and towels are changed as necessary.
- Pool towels are provided and replenished as deemed necessary.
- On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests’ account (Terms & Conditions may apply for chef service).
- Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged.
- Baby sitting service on request, subject to availability (charges apply)