Villa Name: Tassana Pra
Tassana Pra, meaning "House facing towards the Buddha", is an authentic teakwood villa, and has become a symbol of Thai elegance on the island of Samui and beyond.
The villa was constructed following the traditional house-building techniques of Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Siam. Tassana Pra occupies a spectacular location atop a hillside and enjoys unsurpassed views across Samui's north-eastern coastline and the straits beyond to the distant outer islands. In the middle foreground is the famous Big Buddha Temple, the inspiration for the villa's name.
Tassana Pra has been specifically designed by the owner to be a principal home for most of the year and not just for holiday lettings. Many antiques and decorative items have therefore been carefully selected to make the villa a unique and symbolic place to stay and rest, both for the owner and for privileged guests.
The imposing entrance gate and long stone driveway lead down to the villa through some of the 4,800 sq. m. of lush private gardens that are home to ponds, streams, waterfalls, and a multitude of tropical plants, trees and flowers.
The first and largest of the five connected pavilions that compose the villa has a soaring Thai roof supported by 16 antique wooden columns, and is reached via an ornate covered walkway bridge across a lily pond. This is the sumptuous living and dining area, which opens out onto a large covered terrace, ideal for casual dining and entertainment, and offering spectacular and unobstructed 180-degree views of the mountains, the sea, and the Big Buddha Temple, in addition to the swimming pool.
The four other pavilions are located at each corner of the villa and are all accessed from the living room. Three of them host luxurious bedrooms (two doubles and one twin) complete with four-posted beds, and combining traditional Thai styles with modern, western comforts and facilities (air conditioning, en-suite bathrooms with bathtub and separate shower). The master-bedroom has its own spacious dressing area, views of the ocean, and an en-suite bathroom containing a Jacuzzi tub.
Each room features carved teak panels, doors and genuine antique furniture either from Thailand or Burma, while the fabrics are of finest Thai silk and cotton. The fourth pavilion contains the private study of the owner and a guest bathroom and is not accessible to guests.
On the ground level there's a fourth bedroom (double) with a more modern decor and en-suite facilities, ideal for children or younger members of the party. The ground floor also contains the fully equipped modern kitchen, as well as the hidden staff quarters and laundry.
Guests can access the swimming pool and front garden either from the upstairs terrace or the covered patio on the ground floor and there are sun-beds arranged around the pool deck.
For those concerned about discretion and privacy, Tassana Pra is equipped with state of the art electrical security systems, a back-up generator and efficient water storage facilities. The villa is fully staffed by a team of four who will discreetly carry out their duties and remain at guests' service for their every need. The Villa Manageress is also a renowned Thai chef, and will be delighted to prepare the most impressive selection of tastes for those wishing to discover the culinary culture of Thailand.
From the guests point of view it is difficult to impartially give justice to the villa. However, all would agree that a stay at Tassana Pra will awaken numerous senses; the unique aroma of aged teak upon entering the main pavilion and the soothing sound of water from the fountains, streams and waterfalls surrounding the entire villa all contribute to an overwhelming feeling of tranquility, which will be enhanced throughout the stay by the discovery of a multitude of decorative details.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time.
Northern coast of Koh Samui, 5 minutes drive from the airport and 10 minutes to Chaweng
*Notice, until you have a confirmed IPSL reservation by email from, then rates and information may differ from those listed on our websites and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Daily rates from US$ 660 to 950 for the whole villa, reduce occupancy rate starting at US$ 360 to 780 except Christmas and New year
- Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
- Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
- Rates shown are for a maximum of 8 (eight) Guests (including children). No Extra beds are permitted beyond full occupancy.
- Daily Rates are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
- Airport transfer: US$ 35 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
- Baby-cot provided free of charge
- Rates include daily Continental breakfast
For weddings and private parties, a surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guest. Also the villa booking conditions may change such as the required minimum nights stay. Separate Terms and Conditions may apply for any wedding or private parties held in a villa and will be confirmed at the time of your booking.
- Free-form pool
- WI-FI broadband Internet
- Satellite TV, DVD/CD players
- Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
- Fully equipped kitchen, and upstairs pantry
- Phone line with internet access
- All bedrooms are air conditioned
- Private safe in the Master Bedroom
- Living area with full-length doors and mosquito netting, and ceiling fans - no air conditioning
- Generator - powers the entire villa when required
- The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all Guests specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatment as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
- Bed linen is changed every third day, while towels are changed as necessary
- Pool towels are provided and replenished as required
- In-villa wine selection
- Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged
- Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
- Baby sitting service on request and availability
- In-villa spa treatment with extended menu