Villa Name: Ban Suriya
Ban Suriya, translated as "The Sunshine House", sits on a former coconut plantation right next to Lipa Noi ("Little Palm") beach on the peaceful sunset coast of Koh Samui. Lipa Noi is regarded as the one of the most unspoilt stretches of sand on the island with one of the best swimming beaches and wonderful views of Angthong Marine Park to complement the stunning sunsets.
Ban Suriya is a luxurious, contemporary style villa. The property is almost exclusively white, in contrast with the use of vibrant colours in accents. It is undoubtedly a stylish person's paradise.
Built on 3,200 sqm of palm tree peppered beachfront land, the villa features expansive tropical gardens and extremely spacious accommodation, comprising a large main living villa, a separate chef’s kitchen, a gym and games annex and 6 private bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities.
There are lots of peaceful nooks and crannies all around the grounds – not just at the back of the house. The front garden with the path leading up to the villa is especially impressive, and the lovely lawns, statues and shrines make a stunning first impression. The front garden feels a lot more closed in by the white walls of the property; adding to the exclusive contemporary feel and immediately making guests feel like they are stepping into a private haven.
The villa sleeps up to 15 guests and has seven full-time staff, including a villa manager and a chef, to ensure the most luxurious, relaxing and memorable vacation. There is direct access to the beach with a fantastic beach swing, plus paddleboard, single and double sea kayaks to enjoy the ocean. An ornate foot shower pump in the shape of a flower means guests can wash the sand off their feet before walking back into the villa garden. The villa also features a 20-metre private swimming pool and a separate shallow plunge pool; the latter is ideal for kids. There is also a swim-up bar, poolside BBQ, sunset bar on the mezzanine terrace, hammocks, beanbags, sun-loungers and parasols in the garden and on the pool decks.
There is no limit to the entertainment options on offer within this villa. A 4 X 3 metre outdoor movie screen can be set up with beanbag seating for 16. The villa’s iMac comes with over 6,500 tunes and a dock linked to BOSE speakers in the main villa and by the pool. A beach volleyball net, table tennis table, "baby football" and a pool table offer additional activities for children and adults, alike.
The in-villa Spa room plus three additional dedicated massage areas located throughout the villa, offer guests multiple options to be pampered during their stay.
There are also multiple dining locations – in the main villa, by the pool, in the tropical gardens or candlelit on the beach - making this the perfect villa to celebrate special occasions with a group of friends or family.
The main living villa is extremely spacious with a coffee corner and kids’ dining area opening on to a large dining area, which comfortably seats 16. The sunken library has an underwater window to the pool and a wide selection of books and board games; the TV room has a 42-inch TV with satellite channels, a DVD player and a huge selection of DVDs.
The bar area, has a wine fridge stocked with the in-villa wine selection and is located under the feature cantilever stairs that lead to the mezzanine floor. The luxury mezzanine lounge is ideal for pre-dinner drinks, with a sunset bar and pool table on the terrace. The study area has an iMac with internet connection for guest use. There is also broadband wireless throughout the entire villa, with coverage to the beach.
Welcome drinks and a refreshing towel chilled from the fridge make arriving at Ban Suriya a special experience. The villa manager leads guests on a short tour of the property and a staff member makes sure bags are taken to the right room. Depending on guests’ needs, the villa manager will ask the chef to prepare a meal on arrival – the special Ban Suriya chicken recipe is a must.
The villa manager discusses the menu with guests, giving them the option to change items and change dishes to suit their tastes. She will also check how spicy guests like their Thai food so the chef can prepare the dishes exactly as desired.
The resident chef prepares meals in a separate stand-alone chef’s kitchen and is always happy to give guests impromptu cooking lessons. The kitchen is surrounded by the villa’s own kitchen garden which supplies freshly grown herbs, fruit and vegetables for chef’s cooking. The pool is close enough to the chef’s kitchen that you can smell the delicious dishes he is preparing for lunch and dinner.
The presentation of the food is just as appealing as the aroma, right down to the beautiful shapes into which the pieces of fruit are carved. The staff members are very attentive, topping up drinks and offering tea or coffee after meals – there is a good selection of teas and Nespresso pods.
Guest can also listen to their favourite songs while they eat together with great acoustics in the main villa area. The mezzanine is home to some of the villa’s most striking pieces of furniture, including a colourful chaise longue – perfect for catching up on your reading – and even a suspended spherical chair packed with plush cushions.
The gym and games annex is separate from the main living villa. The gym is fully equipped with weights, mats, TRX and cross-core, a punch bag and a BOSE iPod speaker. Guests can practise yoga while looking out at the gardens and plunge pool – you can also hear the water feature from to guarantee a relaxing session. The corridor linking the games room to the bathroom and gym in this part of the villa has glazed walls, and looks out directly onto the water feature, so it has a lovely indoor/outdoor feel. The gym also has direct access to the plunge pool. An attached games room is fitted with a 42-inch TV with satellite, DVD player plus Nintendo Wii and PlayStation consoles.
Each of the 6 private bedrooms has a unique feel. There are 5 double bedrooms and 1 twin bedroom with an additional 3 single pull-out beds, free of charge for children but charged for adults. (FYI. The bed size in ft: one is 3.5X6, another two are 3X6 ) to allow younger children to sleep in the same room as their parents, if preferred. Additional cots for infants can also be provided free of charge.
The Suriya bedroom (Thai for "sunshine") has a four-poster double bed and en-suite shower room, as well as a private lounge, and a massage and bath area with access to a secret cactus garden. The sunken lounge area has a massive armchair (big enough for 2) and a footstall, looking out onto the gardens and sea. There’s also a DVD player hooked up to the TV for movies before bed. The zoning of the room into bathing, sleeping and lounging areas makes it even more special, offering a choice of different places to relax. The ensuite bathroom is unique and inviting with the shower area located under a special roof to let light through and make it feel like you are showering outside.
The Butterfly bedroom is adjacent to the Suriya bedroom and has a double bed and en-suite shower room. The Suriya and Butterfly rooms open on to the main pool deck. The wallpaper on the feature wall adds a sense of unique style and was specially imported from New Zealand.
The Aqua bedroom has a four-poster double bed and en-suite shower room and opens directly in to the pool.
The Peacock bedroom is adjacent to the Aqua bedroom and has a four-poster double bed and en-suite bathroom and opens on to the deck.
The Wave bedroom villa is set on the beachfront lawn, with a four-poster double bed and en-suite shower room. The Wave bedroom is literally metres from the sea.
The Shell bedroom is within the gym and games annex. It has twin beds and a large bath and shower room, and is ideal for children or singles.
All 6 bedrooms are air-conditioned and well equipped with hair dryers, safes, slippers and robes. The 5 double bedrooms all have flat screen TVs, DVD players and Bluetooth speakers. Another notable feature of the bedrooms is how clean and fresh the villa team keeps them during guests’ stay. They make the beds daily and restock the fresh towels while guests are at breakfast, then clean up again later in the day and even fold the clothes.
There is daily turn down service, with flowers placed on the bed, or palm leaves made into swans. Before bedtime, the staff team also draws all the curtains and turns on the air conditioning so the room is nice and cool when guests are ready to retire and sleep.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time.
Located on the West coast of Koh Samui, 10 minutes from the ferry port of Nathon and 35 kms from Samui's international airport.
*Notice, until you have a confirmed IPSL reservation by email from, then rates and information may differ from those listed on our websites and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Daily rates from US$ 1,500 to 3,300 depending on season.
- Please ask for an exact quote at the time of enquiry from IPSL Reservations as rates will vary depending on Season which includes: Intermediate, High, Prime and C’Mas/NY.
- Rates include daily Continental breakfast
- Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
- Rates shown are for a maximum of 12 adults (plus up to 6 additional kids accommodated on single pull out beds) or 10 adult plus 6 kids accommodated on single pull out beds. Extra bed for adult will be charged at US$50 per night
- Airport transfers: Inclusive to nightly rates. Maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car. *Transfers are subject to terms and conditions, please ask for details at the time of booking.
- Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
- Rates are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
- Baby cots and sterilizer provided free of charge upon request
For weddings and private parties, a surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guest. Also the villa booking conditions may change such as the required minimum nights stay. Separate Terms and Conditions may apply for any wedding or private parties held in a villa and will be confirmed at the time of your booking.
- 20 metre swimming pool with pool bar and BBQ
- Separate shallow plunge pool, ideal for kids
- Kid's dining corner
- Direct beach access
- In-villa fitness room. – items: TRX brackets and Muay Thai punch bag
- In-villa spa room and outdoor massage
- Fully equipped western kitchen
- Nespresso coffee machine available, coffee capsule is additional cost
- Giant Chess set – play on terrace, fun for kids while Adults can site nearby at the bar
- Outdoor movies on beachfront
- Tree house with massage sala and elevated sundeck.
- iMac connected to BOSE sound system in main villa, by pool and down the beach
- TVs, DVDs and Ipod speakers in all double bedrooms
- TV satellite in TV room and games room
- Playstation, Nintendo Wii, "baby football", table tennis and pool table
- Wide selection of DVDs, books and board games
- Phone line and WIFI Broadband ADSL internet access with coverage from main villa through all bedrooms to the beach
- All bedrooms, TV room, games room and gym are air-condition
- The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all Guests specific needs and help organize activities, massage and spa treatments as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
- Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further help ensuring guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
- Bed linen is changed every third day, while towels are changed as necessary
- Pool towels are provided and replenished as deemed necessary
- On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account. Terms & Conditions may apply for chef service
- In-Villa wine selection
- Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged
- Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
- Baby sitting service on request and availability
- In-villa spa treatment with extended menu
- Cooking class- subject to conditions/availability
- In-villa yoga, personal training and Muay Thai Boxing